Tuesday, August 6, 2013

How to wear this season's new Pants (color and print) with what you already have!

Hi Everyone!
After looking over yesterday's post, I realized that finding these new trendy pants was not really the problem that most of us trendy teachers are having! Instead, the issue is putting these new style of pants with things that we already have in our closets. We don't have to spend extra money for dressing up these already adorable pants!

The light Blue polka dot pant:
When wearing printed pants to school, you need to wear a top that is professional, and preferably a solid color. So, with this pair of pants, I wore a white, quarter sleeve button down from J. Crew that I got years ago off of a sale rack. Almost everyone owns a white button down... and if you don't, please go buy one immediately! Most printed pants look great with a simple white button-down, and it ads a little professional appeal to this outfit  Since these pants are straight leg trousers and hit right at my ankle, I chose to wear pointed toe heels. However, pointed toe flats would also look great too! I am just really into pointed toe heels at the moment... they make me feel older! These patent leather white ones are by Jessica Simpson, and I got them off the sale rack for $17.50! Now is the time to buy summer shoes! Most of them look great in the fall and will be great to wear next spring! Back to the main point, when wearing these pants that are cut at the ankle or right above the ankle, pointed toe shoes look amazing paired with them! I was a little dubious at first, but after seeing others wear them together, I tried them on myself and loved the result! The other  thing about this pair of pants is that they came with a great orange belt, adding an unexpected pop of color.

Soild POP of Color pants:
The colored pants I had in three different styles, trouser, skinny ankle and ankle cut. 
The first pair are my pink trouser pants, that have a little flare at the end. I balanced out the flare with a fitted top underneath my cardigan. The black tank top is by Ralph Lauren. Ralph Lauren tank tops are really great for teachers, and others in the professional setting because of how high they are cut in the neck. With this tank top, there is no chance that you will reveal anything! At an outlet, you can get these tank tops for $10-15. The cardigan that I have over this tank top is leopard print that I bought from Forever 21 for $17.50. Its very fitted in the arms and back, but the front is open and flowey. These sweaters became very popular last year, so I know most of you have at least one! 
The second outfit is centered around my cobalt blue pants from J. Crew. I paired these with a J. Crew top that is black and white, with a sort of tribal feel. The top has an adorable neck full of ruffles! I like pairing printed tops with colored pants to make the outfit even more amazing! I got this top at the J. Crew outlet and paid $30.00! I'm wearing jack Rogers sandals with these pants, but any cute sandal would look great! 
The third outfit is with my skinny ankle Cynthia Rowland Tiffany blue pants. I put these with a black Banana Republic eyelet top, that i got off the sale rack for $13.00, adding a little texture to the outfit. Lace is another fabric that is very in right now, and eyelet is basically an edgier form of that! These skinny leg pants need a top that has a little volume to it, otherwise it would be a Thursday night (with your girls) kind of outfit instead of a trendy one you could wear to school! The shoes I am wearing are black stilettos with white polka dots by Jessica Simpson that I got years ago! I had to add a little pattern to the outfit! But these pants look great with any heel!  Flats don't look as wonderful, but if you have to wear flats while chasing kindergarten-ers, then pointy toed flats are a great alternative!


Next time, I will be posting how to wear the trends in the same post as the trends! I hope that you have found these outfits useful and inspiring! I'll be posting more soon, and hopefully launching some YouTube videos! 

Love always, K



















No comments:

Post a Comment